Friday, June 28, 2013

Turn for the Worse

This isn't good.  Beaufort's lawyers have claimed that Beaufort was arrested illegally.  They claim Sonic Boom didn't have a warrant, so the Decartes warehouse shouldn't have been searched.  And the problem is, I think the jury are agreeing.  If Decartes' cronies get off again...
I mean, this is completely ridiculous!  Everyone knows a super heroes job doesn't involve arresting anyone!  They just take care of the more dangerous problems, like super villains that control technology and smuggling rings that are good at hiding the proof that they're criminals.  If Beaufort gets off on a technicality like that...
Hmph.  I suppose I could always pop down to the courthouse and "talk" to the jury - ie bribe them.  Like I could get anywhere close to them.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ruby

3 comments:

  1. You can't really mean they think he's going to get off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible! After what he did--if that man walks free--I'll--I'll...

    That would suck, and after all Sonic's hard work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would appear that life sucks.

    ReplyDelete