Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ivory Again!

Yes, but this time I'm actually letting her post.  You didn't think I would leave you hanging like that, did you?  Here she is.

Hello again!  It's so good to be back!  Actually, everything seems really good right now!  I'm just... oh, it's like I'm in the middle of a snowstorm, and everything is white and bright and wonderful!
I suppose you're wondering how it happened.  You see, Harry and I love skiing together.  Sometimes, like this time around, we take some of our family (Harry brought his mother, and I brought a few of my brothers).  Sometimes we take friends (even though Ruby hates it).  We never go alone.  These are the kinds of moments we want to share.  But this time, everyone else stayed at the resort while Harry and I skiied (they were all in on it!  Can you believe it?).  We took the lift to the top of the mountain, where we could see the sun lighting all the snow up, and it was sparkling like diamonds.  It was beautiful.  And then Harry took my hand, and he said he wanted to share every moment of his life like this with me.  And he pulled out a little black box and pulled off my glove... and then he slipped the ring over my finger and asked me to be his wife.
I couldn't tell if I was crying because of the cold, or because I was so happy.
I feel like we never came down off that mountain.  Like we're still in paradise.

Not all that glitters is gold.  Some of it is snow.
Ruby and Ivory

1 comment: