Friday, July 5, 2013

Someone New

All right, I promised you all an explanation of what happened when I went to the duck pond with Ivory, so here it is.
It started out really lame.  I couldn't talk in public, obviously, so Ivy and I couldn't really talk with each other.  I couldn't even coo at the ducklings.  I was really, really miffed.
And then someone new came up the path.
He was tall, kinda skinny, with wild blonde hair that stood up all over the place.  Apparently Ivy knew him, because she waved him over and introduced him as Jack. 
Me, being the dummy I am, was about to introduce myself, and therefore reveal my secret, when Ivy interrupted me.  She said I was deaf and couldn't talk, and I blushed because it was such a lie, and I was so sure he'd see through it (it's not like I was acting like I couldn't hear), but he didn't call me out on it, so maybe I was doing better than I thought.  He was actually really nice, even if he didn't know I could understand him.  We parted ways, and for some reason, he lightened me up.  It still wasn't the same, but I was able to enjoy it a bit more.
That does make me wonder, though, why didn't he call me out?  I mean, now that I think about it, I was following his and Ivy's conversation perfectly.  He didn't catch that? 

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ruby

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he confused you with being Mute, which might be a better cover story anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete