Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Eloped

This... wow.  This was not expected.  Cecily eloped with Ernie.
That's where I've been all week.  She went missing on Monday, and we were going crazy trying to find her.  I was looking for her online through news sites and social networking, and Ivy went to her house to try to talk to her step-family.  That was a mistake.  Her step-mother nearly threw Ivory out the door, yelling that she was a bad influence on Ceci, and that she and Harry were the reason she'd left.  Of course we had no idea what that meant until Ceci showed up at our apartment with both Ernie and a wedding ring.
Cecily's step-mother never really approved of Ernie.  Says he's too geeky.  Personally I think she just enjoyed mooching off Cecily's success as a star fashion student.  I knew Ceci was getting frustrated with her step-family, but I never expected her to elope.
On the other hand, she seems happy, and her step-family has disowned her, which in this case is a good thing, because now she doesn't have to pay them half her salary anymore (I don't think her step-mother quite thought that one through).  It's just going to be hard to adjust to the idea that Cecily is married.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ruby

10 comments:

  1. For a second there, I thought you were going to post saying YOU'D eloped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no. Remember the whole "gems-falling-from-my-mouth-every-time-I-speak" thing? It makes flirting a little awkward.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, right? I'm really happy for her. Stunned, but happy. She deserves this.

      Delete
  3. Good for Ceci! Sounds like her stepfamily was evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about evil, but certainly very controlling.

      Delete
  4. Okay, that's nice and all, but I thought this blog talked about The Seven Supers and cool stuff like that. What's the word on the heroes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where you got the idea this was a super blog. This all started as a rant on my curse. Maybe you should try reading the rest of the posts? Just because I follow them doesn't mean my life revolves around them.

      Delete
  5. You say that like it's a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete