Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween

Ha, THAT was interesting.  Halloween for a super who can't talk without spewing gems.  I felt bad about it, but there was no way I was going to open that door to trick or treaters (luckily for me, Iris actually WENT trick-or-treating, so she had no say in the matter).  I just turned off all the lights and pretended no one was home.
Of course, I didn't stop to think about punk teens that would try to sneak into dark houses.  It nearly gave me a heart attack when I heard someone climbing through the window.  I thought the Queen had found where I live.
So you can't judge me for what I did next. 
I didn't have any real weapons on hand, so I took a leaf out of Iris'  book and just grabbed the nearest thing I could find.  Which happened to be a rather large pillow.  Feeling oh-so-confident with my new weapon, I hid behind a corner, and when the intruders came by, I jumped out and started hitting them.
"Oh, HEY!  What are you..."
"STOP THAT!"
An order I promptly obeyed once I realized it was coming from a pair adolescent voices.  The Queen can change her appearance, but not that of others. 
"What do you think you're doing?" I growled.  I wasn't too worried about them seeing the gems.  It was still dark, and I wasn't turning on lights.  That would only reveal the gems scattered all over the floor.
There was silence, until a boy's voice said, "We thought no one was home."
"And you always break in to empty homes?"
"I told him it was a bad idea!" a girl's voice cried.
"Well, I'll tell you what's a good idea."  I was really ticked.  "Get out.  And don't come back."
"We're sorry," the girl said softly.
"Out."
I made them go out the front door, and I watched them until they went down another street.  Then I went and found a baseball bat until Iris came home.
I hate Halloween.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ruby

4 comments:

  1. Psh! I missed all the fun! But I also got a lotta candy... Yep, don't regret a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you and Iris NEED a couple of self-defense classes. Think it over, yeah?

    -KitKat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't know how much good self-defense classes will do when you're being attacked by someone who can freeze you solid. I'll think it over, though.
      And as for Iris, that woman needs no self-defense classes. She's terrifying enough with stuffed animals as it is.

      Delete
    2. *Blushes* Thanks, I'm flattered!

      Delete