Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stupid

I can't believe... How could I... ARGH!!!!
Let's start from the beginning, shall we? 
Ivy's wedding went great.  May as well start with that.  Lots of people, she looked gorgeous, they were so in love and all that.  Super romantic.  I think I even recognized the tall skinny guy we'd met in the park that one time.  The problem came at the reception.  I'd done pretty well keeping my mouth shut.  The sign language was apparently convincing enough that no one asked questions.  We were having the dinner, and I was sitting by the guy from the park, named Jack, and a brunette librarian called Isabelle.  She was hilarious.  She has this Irish accent, and she was great at telling jokes and... I laughed.
It was just once, one little laugh, but it was enough.  A diamond fell to my plate.
The others didn't act like they noticed.  They were all laughing pretty hard themselves, and I was able to scoop the thing up and stick it in my pocket.  But still.  What if someone saw?  What would happen?  Is anyone going to say anything? 
Oh, I'm just so mad at myself.  I shouldn't have gone out again, I really shouldn't, but it was Ivy's wedding?  What was I supposed to do, not show up?  And I'd been doing so well, I thought it would be a good idea...
Stupid.  I am so freaking stupid.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ruby

5 comments:

  1. Please, it was just a diamond. Small, transparent. Who would notice? At least it wasn't, say, a ruby or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone was pretty distracted. And the diamond thing is no biggy, right?

    Plus, what evil villain would be attending a non-super's wedding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried about villains attending the wedding. I'm worried about guests spreading what I can do by word of mouth TO the villains.

      Delete
  3. This Jack fellow sounds pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little, yeah, but I honestly stopped paying attention after the whole diamond incident.

      Delete