Friday, December 13, 2013

Finishing School!

Well, I did it!  I finished online college!  And it feels... really anti-climatic.  I always wanted to graduate with the friends I'd made around me.  Throw my cap in the air.  That sort of thing.  Instead I'm getting a mailed diploma, and I'm not even sure what to do with it.  What's the point of having a degree when you can get anything you want by saying hi?
Certainly doesn't help that Iris still isn't being herself.  I'll admit, I really miss the goofy, devil-may-care Iris that would do anything just for the fun of it.  I'm starting to wish she'd never even heard of Sonic Boom.  Seems to me he hasn't done anything but hurt her.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ruby

10 comments:

  1. Um...Well, congratulations?
    Wow.
    I actually posted something!
    I think you get the satisfying feeling of actually earning your diploma! Can't get that from saying hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte! Yeah, please, feel free to comment! Love to hear from you!

      Delete
    2. R-really?
      You would actually want to hear from me?

      Delete
    3. Of course! I love hearing from my readers!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I am so still the same devil-may-care Iris! Just because I've been keeping the apartment tidy and obsessing over the state of my socks does NOT mean I'm not rash and overzealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're obsessing over the state of your socks? Iris, that is not overzealous. That's pathetic.

      Delete
    2. :'( I knoooooooooooooooooooooow!!

      Delete
    3. Just... try to get out, you know? Maybe meet some new people...?

      Delete
    4. I don't think you're pathetic, Iris! You're one of the most caring girls I've ever met!

      Delete
    5. Congratulations on your socks! :D

      Delete